Tuesday 22 February 2011

It's Finally Happened

The law of diminishing returns has reached the point where, for the first time, a new Radiohead album has no songs I can get excited about.


From the peak of OK Computer it's been getting harder and harder to embrace one of their albums in its entirety but The King Of Limbs is the first time when I've struggled to even find a song I like.


That list of diminishing returns in full:

  • OK Computer - 12 songs - Awesome from start to finish
  • Kid A - 6 out of 10 songs stayed in my iTunes library
  • Amnesiac - 7 out of 11 songs stayed 
  • Hail to the Thief - 5 out of 14 songs stayed (but wow, what songs)
  • In Rainbows - 3 out of 10 songs survived the cull
  • The King Of Limbs - 1 out of 8 (and that's stretching it)
Lotus Flower is the obvious 'catchy song' on TKoL but I'm not gagging to hear it again. I'm really hoping that the album's a grower, I didn't like Amnesiac when I first heard it and it's now one of my favourites but nothing from TKoL has left even the slightest hook in my memory after the first couple of listens.

No comments:

Post a Comment